Clematis Rouge Cardinal
Clematis is a favorite flower of people who decorate landscapes. Also, the shrub is popular with amateur flower growers. A popular variety is the large-flowered clematis Rouge Cardinal, which blooms actively and luxuriantly.
Clematis Rouge Cardinal was bred in France. Large-flowered beautiful liana curls, reaches a height of up to three meters. Young shoots are colored light green. The leaves are medium in size, compound, trifoliate. The leaf plate is dark green in color. Several small sheets make up one sheet. The outer side of the leaf is leathery.
Feature of the variety - Clematis Rouge Cardinal (rouge cardinal) grows rapidly. Shoots are stretched in 24 hours by 10 cm in length, and then more.
The root system is powerful, buried in the ground. The appearance of flowers occurs on new shoots. The bush blooms late, continues to bloom from the first days of July to September days. Liana is abundantly covered with velvety large flowers with dark purple petals. Inflorescences are cruciform. The diameter of the blossoming flower is 15 cm.
Liana clings to any object, attaches to it and stretches upward. If the vine is entrenched in the tree, it means that it will soon wrap around it to the fullest extent.
The large-flowered clematis variety Rouge Cardinal is unpretentious in agricultural technology. The variety in rare cases can be affected by harmful insects and diseases. The shrub is highly resistant to frosty periods.
The variety was awarded a gold medal at the Dutch show.
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: cultivation of a variety
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: photo of the rouge cardinal variety
Any garden plant, even an unpretentious one, must be properly looked after.
How to sow seeds.
To grow clematis with seedlings, you need to purchase them at a flower shop. The bush can be put up for sale in a plastic pot, it already contains nutritious soil or it cannot be there. Planting material with a bare root system is not the best choice. It is better to grow a bush from grains, this is how a large number of gardeners grow clematis.
If you decide to grow a hybrid clematis variety Rouge Cardinal at home, first prepare a planting site. A planting hole is dug for one seedling. Its dimensions: depth and diameter - 0.6 m each. A 15 cm drainage layer is laid at the bottom of the pit, which includes small stones or broken brick. Further, the pit is filled with humus, rotted manure or compost fertilizer from foliage. The remaining volume of the planting pit is filled with a fertile soil mixture. The landing hole is prepared 30 days before landing. During this time period, soil subsidence, the settlement of beneficial microorganisms, and the mixing of humus with the earth with earthworms will occur.
The sowing time of seeds is determined by their size. Large seeds are strong. Sowing is carried out late in the fall before the winter season. To obtain reliable shoots, the seeds undergo a stratification process lasting 3 months under temperature conditions of +5 degrees, and are sown in the spring season.
Small seeds in the soil may not survive the winter season. Therefore, such grains are sown only in the spring season. The optimal time is the first and second spring months. Sowing seeds takes place in open soil, or a small greenhouse is set up so that the seedlings come out soon.
Seed germination is low, they germinate for a long time.Therefore, flower growers prefer ready-made seedlings to seeds.
- Before planting seedlings, a trellis is installed near the prepared planting pits. The height of the props above the surface soil layer is 2 meters, not less. If the bush grows near the building, then the interval between the planting hole and the wall should be 20 cm or more. The tapestry is placed at a distance of 10 cm from the pit.
- If the seedling was grown by seed in a glass, then it should be planted like this.
- Preparing a seedling for planting begins with the fact that you need to inspect the root system. If the roots are dry, then they must be soaked in cold water.
- One part of the fertile soil is removed from the well prepared in advance. An earthen mound is formed at the bottom and is slightly compacted by hand.
- A seedling is installed on the mound. The root system spreads out along the edges of the hill. If the seedling was pulled out of a glass with an earthen lump, then this is how it is placed on a hill.
- Next, the root system is covered with fertile soil pulled out of the pit. The root collar and part of the stalk are filled up.
- When the plant is finished planting, abundant watering is carried out with water at room temperature conditions.
When planting a group of large-flowered clematis Rouge Cardinal (rouge cardinal), an interval of 1.5 m should be left between them. The growth of the vines should be observed throughout the summer period. If the variety is suppressed, the vine grows a small amount of cm, therefore, the bush does not grow in the area that it needs. It remains only to transplant the vine in the next spring season to another place.
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: variety care
Hybrid clematis Rouge Cardinal: photo of the variety
Planting and caring for a plant is very easy. Quite frequent watering is required. The plant is hygrophilous. Due to the fact that the roots go deep, you need to water the bush with a large volume of water. After the seedling has been watered, you need to loosen the soil. At times, weeding is required.
- Clematis Rouge Cardinal responds favorably to frequent fertilization. In order for the bush to be lush, and many new flowers to form, you need to feed clematis 2 times every 30 days.
- In the spring season, at the beginning of the growth of shoots, the vine must be fed with nitrogenous fertilizers. Ammonium nitrate is introduced. From organic fertilizers, a solution of bird droppings or mullein is used.
- When buds begin to appear, organic fertilizers are combined with a complex of minerals.
- In the summer, when the plant blooms, watering is carried out with a solution of potassium permanganate or a weak solution of boric acid.
- By the last days of August, the ripening of the shoots begins on the plant. To speed up the process, a stimulating mineral dressing is added. An assistant in the rapid ripening of shoots is wood ash.
- In the autumn season, before preparing clematis for the winter season, the soil under the plant is dug up, and at the same time potassium sulfate is added.
- Clematis is fed at the same time with abundant watering, for deep penetration of useful microelements to the roots.
Pruning Clematis Rouge Cardinal
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: photo of the variety
Clematis cultivar Rouge Cardinal is pruned for the winter season without fail, after flowering has ended. The shortening length of the shoots depends on the cut category.
- First category. For the winter season, the plants are not pruned. The bush is left on the trellis, and late in the fall it is spud up to a great height. After the plant has bloomed, damaged or dried shoots are cut off, the bush is thinned out if it is strongly thickened. This category includes small-flowered varieties.
- Second category. After the plants have faded, they are pruned ½ their length. As a rule, the aerial part is left 1.5 m long. This category includes flowers that bloom in early spring.A large number of flowers appear on cut shoots. New shoots give a small number of inflorescences.
- Third category. In the autumn season, these bushes are completely cut off. The aerial part remains with 2-3 pairs of buds. The height of the protruding shoots should be 20 cm, no more. After the plant is pruned, you need to huddle it. Flowers of this category bloom profusely and are unpretentious to care for.
Clematis Rouge Cardinal belongs to the 3rd group of pruning. The shoots that remain, after the hilling with soil, are covered with dry leaves. Pine branches are laid on top. If it is not possible to cover with organic matter, then you can cover the plant with polyethylene or non-woven material.
Diseases and harmful insects
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: photo of the variety
Clematis cultivar Rouge Cardinal has a good immunity to disease, but do not relax. Prophylaxis against powdery mildew, rust, putrefactive bacteria is required. The biggest threat to the Clematis cultivar Rouge Cardinal is wilt... Withering and rapid drying of the affected vine begins. Have noticed the first signs - do not feel sorry for clematis, because it is incurable. Liana is dug up and burned.
The best preventive measure is to treat the vine with fungicides. Preparations: "Quadris", "Horus", "Speed". During dry periods, the plant can be affected by spider mites. To combat it, insecticides are used.
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: reviews
- Lily: “Clematis have been growing with me for more than ten years. I liked the Clematis variety Rouge Cardinal because it is easy to care for it, and its flowers are beautiful. The bush is grown near the house on a 2.5 m trellis. For the winter season, I cut the liana, and cover the 20 cm long stems with soil. On top I make a shelter from old clothes and polyethylene. The plant is very decorative. "
- Marina: “Last year there was the first flowering of Clematis Rouge Cardinal. grew a bush by seed method. There were 10 sunflower seeds, I bought them in a store. For the winter season, the shoots were cut off completely, leaving 15 cm from the stem. The bush survived the winter perfectly. At the moment, the emergence of shoots from the buds begins. To make Clematis Rouge Cardinal grow faster, I applied nitrogenous fertilizer. I'm really looking forward to seeing the flowers. "
Clematis Rouge Cardinal: video about the variety